July 21, 2019, 05:54:20 PM

Author Topic: Headers and tr6060 transmission  (Read 4512 times)

Offline quinns

Headers and tr6060 transmission
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
I'm installing my headers right now. They lightly and I mean extremely lightly touch the tunnel in one spot. I can clearance that no problem.

My problem is that on the tr6060 there's a temp sensor on the left side of the transmission that sticks out right where the drivers side header dumps.

Can I just remove it and plug it?

Impressed how well these fit with how little room there is to work with.
1993 Rx-7 Base LS3 TR6060 Ronin 8.8

Offline Jordan Innovations

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Competition Mil-spec wiring/electronics since 2005
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
Re: Headers and tr6060 transmission
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:56:16 PM »
Ah, the trans temp sensor.  I have probably 10 hrs into this problem haha.

So the temp sensor seems to be a Bosch sensor with M21 x 1.50 (not positive, but that's what I recall) thread.  My idea was to make a plug and tap it for 1/8" NPT and run a 3an 90* off of it to relocate a temp sensor nearby.  Never got around to making the sensor.

On all the TR6060 cars I've done with headers, I knock the plastic off the sensor (keep the brass) and it clears.  If you end up making a plug for it, make two please!!   :cheers:

Offline quinns

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:31:48 PM »

So the temp sensor seems to be a Bosch sensor with M21 x 1.50 (not positive, but that's what I recall) thread.  My idea was to make a plug and tap it for 1/8" NPT and run a 3an 90* off of it to relocate a temp sensor nearby.  Never got around to making the sensor.

On all the TR6060 cars I've done with headers, I knock the plastic off the sensor (keep the brass) and it clears.  If you end up making a plug for it, make two please!!   :cheers:

Is there even any reason to keep the sensor if I don't have a guage or plan on ever having a guage.

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 06:59:49 PM »

Is there even any reason to keep the sensor if I don't have a guage or plan on ever having a guage.

No, but if you take it out you'll have to machine a plug for it.  Easier to knock the plastic off the sender and keep it in there.

Offline quinns

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »
O I see what you're saying haha. I thought you meant break the plastic off and do some ghetto electrical tie in to the connectors on the sensor. Was worried I'd have to call you a doctor.

Here's pics of these installed and the couple little things I get to deal with.

The tr6060 sensor. Picture is deceiving it totally blocks the collector.

Drivers side header is installed, torqued, done. Then I notice its lightly touching the floor.

Clearanced it. Went a little overkill floor is like a tin can in that spot.

Random pics. I hope your internet doesn't suck.

Offline radiomike

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 08:05:09 PM »
We left our temp sensor plumbed in as we have a gearbox cooler and can monitor the temp with EFI live.

Have you found an AC comp adaptor to work with the LS3 comp, we are struggling?

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »
We left our temp sensor plumbed in as we have a gearbox cooler and can monitor the temp with EFI live.

Have you found an AC comp adaptor to work with the LS3 comp, we are struggling?

You mean you're not using the factory LS3 bracket and compressor?  We notched the bracket a little bit to clear the p/s hardlines and have used the LS3 Camaro and LSA CTS-V accessories without issue.

Offline quinns

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 09:38:19 PM »
I think he's referring to the block coming off the compressor. I have the factory line off the Camaro. I think I can bend it or modify it to make it work. Not quite at that point yet.

I did same thing with the compressor just ground a little nub off the bottom to clear the PS rack fits great.

Offline radiomike

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
I think he's referring to the block coming off the compressor. I have the factory line off the Camaro. I think I can bend it or modify it to make it work. Not quite at that point yet.

I did same thing with the compressor just ground a little nub off the bottom to clear the PS rack fits great.

Yes the adaptor block on the compressor, we tried the Camaro lines but they hit the frame rail.
Ours is rhd and we ended up using the stock Camaro manifolds as the Spoolin ones will not fit with the right hand steering shaft <drops subtle hint>

Offline project dc2

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
sorry guys i havent been here on the forums to see this.  i havent dealt with the tr6060 but thank you jordan for clarifying  !