October 28, 2020, 04:35:44 PM

Author Topic: New Corbeau Sportline Evolution and Evolution X Seats! style and head room  (Read 44311 times)

Offline ebdyguy

• Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: New Corbeau Sportline Evolution and Evolution X Seats! style and head room
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 07:09:17 AM »
PM sent

Offline SSjon

• Staged
  • The never ending LS first gen swap
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
I could be your SA22C guy, but it looks like you already test fit them in an FB.  :(

Pics of them fitting in the FB by the way?
1980 RX7 GS SA22C LSx build in Progress
L33 T56 8.8

Currently in the 12's, and getting faster every year!

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=7003.0

Offline TTM

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2014, 05:15:35 PM »
SSjon

hey PM me
TrackTimeMotorsports.com | sales@TrackTimeMotorsports.com
Performance Parts & Track Days | 651-203-8009

Offline Random

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2014, 10:13:03 PM »
Any update on removing the sliders and hard-mounting the seats? I'm 6'2. I hacked the bejesus out of the factory foam to sit upright. Now I sit about an inch lower but I would LOVE some decent seats. If these seats, hard-mounted, sit where you think they will at about an inch lower than factory, I'm in.

Keep us updated!

-J
SOLD - '94 FD Money Pit: LS1, RSGear F-Body T56 w/ Magnum guts, RPF1s (18X9.5) on all four corners, Pettit TrakPro-StgIII, Improved Racing goodies, MGW, Powerflex bushings, and my own blood and sweat (and maybe a tear when she started for the first time).
DD: '14 Honda Ridgeline

Offline Skeltic

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
NOt yet, I have been "under the weather fort" the last while.
 I should be getting at it a bit this week end . I will definitely keep you in the loop and post some pics.
"You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house."

Offline ebdyguy

• Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »
Since I am considering doing the fit on my FC - I had a question for those of you familiar with seat selection for both the FC & FD.  Is the FC "easier" to fit both height & width?  Or is it about the same - meaning if they don't fit without sliders in the FD they won't fit in the FC on stock sliders either. 

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »
They are about the same.   I'm 6'2" and a stock seat with stock sliders hits my head on the sunroof car in FC or FD.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline largeorangefont

• Top Fuel
  • I steer with the gas pedal.
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2014, 02:54:02 PM »
Don't use the corbeau brackets for an FC on the driver side at least, just bolt the seat to the stock slider with some brackets.

I'm 6'3 with a sparco seat on the stock slider.. My helmet just touches the headliner
Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 04:02:58 PM »
Don't use the corbeau brackets for an FC on the driver side at least, just bolt the seat to the stock slider with some brackets.

I'm 6'3 with a sparco seat on the stock slider.. My helmet just touches the headliner

I'm guessing no sunroof?    My current seats are LOW (my butt is 1.5" from the carpet) mounted to the floor, and if I pull the padding, my head hits the headliner.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline largeorangefont

• Top Fuel
  • I steer with the gas pedal.
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 11:28:42 PM »

I'm guessing no sunroof?    My current seats are LOW (my butt is 1.5" from the carpet) mounted to the floor, and if I pull the padding, my head hits the headliner.

Nope I have a sunroof. The seats I have (Sparco Speed/sprint) sit very low and the bottom cushion is thin. The brackets I used to mount he seat are just 1/8 flat steel across the stock slider and the seat bolts to them.

I have pulled my headliner and now my helmet hits part of the sunroof mounting bracket.. I need to pull the sunroof completely.
Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.

Offline gc3

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
i dunno how you tall guys do it.
i have a non sunroof car, but im only 5'8" but my helmet skimmed the headliner.
and i have a momo seat mounted pretty low (yes im still running a slider, but the 'hammock' makes my butt pretty much touching the floor)

Offline TTM

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
UPDATE:

We have an FB member stepping up to the plate on these seats so we should have good info on how they work out there.  We still have a need for an FC guy to review the Evolution, so if you have an FC with stock or close to stock interior and want to do everyone a favor and get a sweet deal on some seats PM me!

Offline Skeltic

Update on the Seats in the FD.

Since installing the seats I have replaced the stock steering wheel with a momo also added the nrg tilt the short adapter and one spacer.

This and ditching my motor bike helmet for a car helmet has improved this immensely.

Though I would still like the seat a little lower in the back and a bit higher in the front.

To do this I have decided to take the sliders off the base, and filp the base then reinstall the sliders, hopefully with a little grinding in spots and cutting off and re-welding the bases front tabs I think I might get near an inch and a half AND still have sliders.

For those of you not keeping score at home this might get me 1/2 - to 1 inch under stock.

End of day round up:

It looks like it might work , I will have to swap the passenger base with the driver base ( DID NOT DO) because these mounts are just not quite symmetrical, I think they are out by a 1/4 inch but that is enough to make it not fit.

Lots of grinding and fiddling of the tracks to make it all fit, I even had to grind down 2 bolts heads so that they would clear each other.

In the end the first test sit, It seems perfect for me.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:46:11 PM by Skeltic »

Offline TTM

Hey good to hear you are working out some kinks.  You should definitely post some pics of your work if can, sounds like you could really have some good info for other guys running Corbeau brackets!

Offline Skeltic

IT works!!

For me

THings I did to the bracket-

I ended up flipping the bracket over

bending the  front tabs 90 degrees so they were opposite

Drilling new seat mount holes right in-between the existing holes, I couldn't use the old holes the  trans hump was in the way

Grinding flat some of the welds

Things I did to the sliders.

cut some of the slider track that would interfere with the rear mounts of the bracket now that the rear mounts  go up.

I put a stack of about 6 washers between the bracket and the sliders to raise the front of the seat for comfort

Thats about it

It took hours of fiddling and fucking around and I think it earned me an inch and a bit of head room I can sit exactly where I would like to be, sans helmet