October 28, 2020, 05:03:54 PM

Author Topic: New Corbeau Sportline Evolution and Evolution X Seats! style and head room  (Read 44312 times)

Offline TTM

Hey guys Corbeau just released its latest line-up for 2014.  They added the Sportline Evolution (reclining) and Evolution X (fixed-back).  This seat looks cleaner and more street friendly than the other Sportline seats with the added benefit of an incredibly short base-to-butt height for tall drivers or small cars.  We tried fitting a couple different racing seat options in a 1985 gsl and found we couldn't get proper headroom (not to mention space for a helmet).  This seat may end up in that tight squeeze gsl at some point.  If you need the headroom...BAM!

Corbeau - Sportline Evolution (reclining)

http://tracktimemotorsports.com/store/reclining-seats/12662-corbeau-sportline-evolution-reclining.html  use check-out voucher: norotors

Corbeau - Sportline Evolution X (fixed-back)

http://tracktimemotorsports.com/store/fixed-back-seats/12663-corbeau-sportline-evolution-x-fixed-back.html use check-out voucher: norotors

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:25:34 PM by TTM »
TrackTimeMotorsports.com | sales@TrackTimeMotorsports.com
Performance Parts & Track Days | 651-203-8009

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
That looks narrow enough in the thigh bolster area to have decent cage clearance also.   My fixed back seats are LOW but wide enough that cage clearance is problematic.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline piglet

I wonder how they would fit in a fd

Offline TTM

Good observation.  The reason they offered this seat in a fixed-back format was to make it narrower, they got rid of the reclining mechanism and freed up some precious inches.

Offline mefarri

• Ye Olde OCD Woodshop
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Where the FD has problems is the shoulder area hitting the door panel.  I don't have time right now to go look at the differences but the FX1 pro JUST won't really fit. So if these are smaller they may.  The low thing is much needed in the FD too.
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline 96HawkCnvt

Where the FD has problems is the shoulder area hitting the door panel.  I don't have time right now to go look at the differences but the FX1 pro JUST won't really fit. So if these are smaller they may.  The low thing is much needed in the FD too.

If you take a look at the FX1 Pro dimensions below, it looks like the new Sportline Evolution is 1.5" narrower at the shoulder. Hopefully that is enough and combined with the low cushion height it could be a very nice fit.

Todd

Offline Ebush

Test fit these in an fc and post pics, I'm sure you'll get a few sales. I'm interested.

Offline twokrx7

interesting ... hmmm
07 Jeep SRT8 426 mid-mount turbo, 1100+awhp
14 OBM Blue CTSV sedan, 680rwhp

Offline mefarri

• Ye Olde OCD Woodshop
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Ahhhh nice.  That should be perfect.  The lowness really makes me want to try them.
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

Offline Skeltic

If they fit in an Fd...... I will be intrigued 
"You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house."

Offline TTM

Re: New Corbeau Sportline Evolution and Evolution X Seats! style and head room
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »
Hey guys we tried calling up some of our local rx-7 guys in here Minnesota and no-dice everyone has cars buried in storage.

We really would love to put one of these in an rx-7 to see if they are going to fit like we think they will and we do realize there is some risk in being the first to try a new product.  SOOO if you are planning on picking up some racing/street seats this season and have your eye on this seat please call us because we are going to offer the first norotors member to buy this seat a very good deal

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:52:50 PM by TTM »

Offline mefarri

• Ye Olde OCD Woodshop
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 10:38:59 PM »
I'll pay shipping for a pair to me.   ;)  My FD is stagnant and I could install them asap.

-Jimlab

Offline Skeltic

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 10:41:35 PM »
Looks Like I am going to be a test Monkey on these beauties :drive:
"You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house."

Offline Shavel

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 12:21:34 AM »
Nice!
Ant

Offline TTM

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
Its true Sketic got in first.  Remember to nag him constantly until we get pictures and a write-up!