January 20, 2021, 09:11:05 AM

Author Topic: Moratorium on new harness work.  (Read 8425 times)

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
Moratorium on new harness work.
« on: November 16, 2013, 11:48:32 PM »
Okay all,  I have good news that may not be good news.   

I have some big projects that are starting up at my day job.     This means that I am going to have a much smaller amount of time available in the future.    As such,  I do not want to take on new harness work currently.    If you have a harness in progress or queued up,  don't worry,  all existing projects will be completed as scheduled.     

I have been kicking this around for a week now, and what it costs down to is I do not feel I can continue to provide what I consider appropriate levels of service with this schedule.

Regards,

Blake
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
Re: Moratorium on new harness work.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:20:57 PM »
So, it's been just over a year since I updated this and I will update it one more time today.

I'm officially going to move this to a deactivated forum section.   Since last year when I made this message I've changed jobs.   The good news is the new job is a big step up and pays much better.   The bad news is that it is very hectic and will be for several years.   Myself and a few others were brought in to clean up a corporate network with sites all over the country and it will take at least 2-3 years to catch up on.    Unfortunately that means that my spare time is going to be spent on family and honestly, the 20-30 bucks an hour building harnesses pays (at best) isn't worth the time investment right now.

I will still be here to help everyone however I can, however!    I do have ONE LAST HARNESS that I'm finishing for Tres that I'll try to document up before I ship to help everyone out.  It's a snazzy one.  :)
Blake MF'ing McBride
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car

Offline gnx7

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »
please document that!  I need to clean my FD engine bay harness..... its a rats nest at best 
'93 FD: 441ci/AllPro LS7 heads/intake en route, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS, HolleyHP, DavisTechTC 10.32@137mph cats/full exhaust. 165mph 1/2 mile (old LS7)
'93 FD LS9 turbo, T56 Mag, Samberg 8.8" solid axle, 9.35@163mph 197mph 1/2 mile
`69 Chevelle: alum 5.3, GTS76 turbo, ChiseledPerf A/W, T56 Magnum,Ford 35 spline 9".CTS-V interior http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18234.0
old yellar....440rwhp/FD sold but not forgotten: http://www.ponycars.net/scc.htm
I sell new T56 Magnums/McLeod clutch/T56 rebuild kits/Holley EFI/FIC injectors and all BrianTooleyRacing parts.  norcalmotorsport@gmail.com

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »
Do you still want to do some stuff for my junk, from the MGW F-body-shifter-for-harness-work trade? The harness work I would need would still be in the relatively distant future, and whenever you might have time. I wouldn't mind the money instead (we can round down to $180). Either way.  :)

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »
Do you still want to do some stuff for my junk, from the MGW F-body-shifter-for-harness-work trade? The harness work I would need would still be in the relatively distant future, and whenever you might have time. I wouldn't mind the money instead (we can round down to $180). Either way.  :)

I'd like to still work something out for wiring, just because I think your stuff is interesting.  :)
Blake MF'ing McBride

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 05:14:24 PM »
Okay cool! My plans for the wiring are still pretty vague, the final engine position is not yet set. Is there any particular area you would like to work on/think about, or at least a place to start? Infinity 12 seems to be about $400 cheaper than a ProEFI 128 box from a quick search. Any personal preference there? Should I look at used ones? I sold the '99 ABS to Skeltic, and going ABS-less, (so that's his nightmare now lol) and I'm only running a water pump and alternator off the FEAD. Speedhut Revolution cluster with their wiring setup. Shouldn't be anything too crazy. I can probably supply a lot of the wire and stuff. I have a decent variety of different milspec plated wire, for anything that carries a signal at least (tin/silver/nickel plating). No schedule, just have fun.

(Another thing is that I want to do a one-off fixed headlight setup using the original headlight position with Amemiya lenses and/or the 99 lights.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:20:55 PM by spacevomit »