October 22, 2019, 02:54:47 PM

Author Topic: XLR8's Dark Side Build: 416ci's of fun!  (Read 104432 times)

Offline freeskier7791

Re: XLR8's Dark Side Build: 416ci's of fun!
« Reply #615 on: September 26, 2016, 04:33:50 PM »
Good luck on the test and the sale.  I have gotten to drive the M2 on a track and it is pretty ridiculous, plus the exhaust note/turbo sounds is killer.
https://www.youtube.com/thedriftingdad
1985 Mazda RX7 GSL Drift Car

CCVT

Offline XLR8

Re: XLR8's Dark Side Build: 416ci's of fun!
« Reply #616 on: September 26, 2016, 10:55:04 PM »
What side of the IT spectrum are you looking at or at now? Customer side? Reseller/Manufacturer? Consultant?

Time will tell.  Building my resume, and staying current.  9 years left on the active duty side so there are still tremendous opportunities out there.

Hah, there are a few guys on my team studying for CCIE.   I'm doing my CCNP right now because it's hilariously easy (just did a 960+ on my SWITCH with about 20 minutes of studying, LOL).   I'm probably going to aim to knock out written CCIE in the next 18-24 months, once things settle down a bunch.    CCIE is a SOB, my buddy took the written without any studying a couple months ago (Cisco Live! Vegas) and managed a ~500, which isn't bad for off the cuff.    The lab is just evil though.

HAHA.. Cool!!  I have a a close friend that took the written, and of course, failed the lab; and he is good.  Yes, the lab is evil.  Anthony Sequeira said the accomplished CCNP needs 600-800hrs of comprehensive labs to be successful at the CCIE Lab.  The shit is truly no joke.  Complete dedication.

I agree, Switch is pretty easy.  Route is a little more involved, and Tshoot is just plain fun! 

I would love to be a multi-CCIE holder but Route/Switch is the true stepping stone.  My masters will be in Cyber Security so it would be great to get more involved with ASA's.  It often becomes an environmental limitation but there are some great resources out there.

Good luck on the test and the sale.  I have gotten to drive the M2 on a track and it is pretty ridiculous, plus the exhaust note/turbo sounds is killer.

Thanks!  I have never really considered myself an expert in my field.  Not truly.  I want to change that.  My personality pushes me to go all the way on something I am passionate about, as this thread shows. 

As for the M2, I am leaning that direction.  I have to drive everything of course since currently it's been a bunch of arm chair guessing and youtube reviews.  The M2 has alot of perks over some of the other choices.  M cars historically retain their value better and it sounds like BMW has really hit a home run.  Though I don't want to get into the "rare and unique" game again, the M2 seems like it will be more of an occasion on the road comparatively.

Thanks all
94 MB Base...416 LS3 Stroker......Build Thread