April 24, 2019, 04:00:42 AM

Author Topic: Installing your headers, please help with passenger side  (Read 4377 times)

Offline Todds94FD

• Pre-Staging
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Installing your headers, please help with passenger side
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
Hello,
I'm trying to install the header on the passenger side and I'm having all sorts of problems.  Please give me some advice on what needs to be removed, etc, to get them to go in correctly.
Thanks
Todd

EDIT:  94 FD with LS2 engine
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:48:36 PM by Todds94FD »
94 RX7 (build in progress)
EVO 9: 750HP (SOLD)
135i: 455 TQ (Sold to feed my FD habit)

Offline Todds94FD

• Pre-Staging
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: Installing your headers, please help with passenger side
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
Disregard.  After experimenting, I found that removing the passenger side valve cover does the trick...barely  ;)

Offline project dc2

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »
hey todd. sorry i didnt answer. ive been checkin no rotors and it never came up that someone posted in my forum.  what headers and mount kit did you have ? typically both headers will install from the bottom but the car has to be jacked up high enough to  slither its way in

Offline Todds94FD

• Pre-Staging
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 04:42:53 PM »
No worries.
94 FD
Samburg kit

There's no room to go from the bottom (passenger side)
Removing the valve cover did the trick

Offline perf0rmance

• Pre-Staging
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 01:32:35 AM »
No worries.
94 FD
Samburg kit

There's no room to go from the bottom (passenger side)
Removing the valve cover did the trick

My valve covers were still installed... I had no issues.
95 FD with Samberg Kit

Offline mefarri

• Ye Olde OCD Woodshop
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:21:21 PM »
Felt the need to post this in case someone else comes along and needs a shortcut on how to install these.  I tried installing both from the top and it was a big pain in the ass.  Took off the alternator, MC, starter, valve covers etc.  No dice.  Jacked the car up in the front and both slid in from the bottom in seconds... I went ahead and left the starter off because it looked tight on that side.  But other than that, they both went right in and no clearance issues at all.  My car is a 95 on samberg mounts and T56.  They clear everywhere and look fantastic. :drive:
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline project dc2

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:27 PM »
Felt the need to post this in case someone else comes along and needs a shortcut on how to install these.  I tried installing both from the top and it was a big pain in the ass.  Took off the alternator, MC, starter, valve covers etc.  No dice.  Jacked the car up in the front and both slid in from the bottom in seconds... I went ahead and left the starter off because it looked tight on that side.  But other than that, they both went right in and no clearance issues at all.  My car is a 95 on samberg mounts and T56.  They clear everywhere and look fantastic. :drive:

thanks for postin!  .  unfortunately there are so many different mount types  that its a little different for everyone.  for some people with hinson and grannys its easier from the top but  i will note for future customers that   samberg  is a bottom to top installation.

can you post pics of the  1 7/8 fitment and if you had to dent the rear firewall at all or any modifcation you had to do to make them fit for future installers references.

Offline mefarri

• Ye Olde OCD Woodshop
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »
For sure.  I'll get some pics tomorrow.  There's clearance everywhere.  Didn't have to dent the firewall at all.  The closest spot is the driver's side right by the tunnel.  It's about 1/8" I think.  I'll probably tap that a hair just so when the engine moves it doesn't kiss the car. 
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

Offline quinns

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 10:49:53 PM »
I slightly clearance mine on the drivers side as well. No biggy but it was 1/8th as well. Samberg subframe went from underneath as well but on the passenger side you do need to remove the starter. Was easier than other cars I've done in the past.

1993 Rx-7 Base LS3 TR6060 Ronin 8.8

Offline mefarri

• Ye Olde OCD Woodshop
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 12:59:25 AM »
Forgot to post pics.

-Jimlab

Offline mefarri

• Ye Olde OCD Woodshop
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 01:00:20 AM »
More pics.

-Jimlab

Offline project dc2

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 10:37:43 PM »
thanks guys