October 23, 2018, 01:50:19 PM

Author Topic: Anyone heard from Pez? Last login May 5 :(  (Read 13161 times)

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
Re: Anyone heard from Pez? Last login May 5 :(
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
I agree with Tracy overall, but I would add that he really needs to communicate with you guys.  I know that time spent communicating is time spent not working on the projects (or whatever needs worked on to get the projects) but once you take someone's money, you need to conduct yourself in a professional manner, which in this case really means letting people know that you're alive and giving them some sort of a time table.   FWIW, this is a hard lesson I've learned in my day job over the years.

To be very blunt, if I paid someone for a wiring harness and 6 months later I didn't have a harness (and, ASSuming they did not tell me to expect a 6 month wait, that's a key element) I'd be livid.  Then again I get annoyed when the shit I order from Summit on Tuesday doesn't show up Thursday.   This is why I do all my shit myself, for better or worse.  I generally don't get in the way of my own schedule.   :P

I do not at all believe that Greg is out to rip anyone off.  He is an honest guy and that's why he is a forum vendor (FYI, vendor status here has NOTHING to do with money).   He will come through for you guys.   He just really need to improve his communication.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2013 Focus ST3 - Stage 1 BPU

Offline Bushytea

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »
Oh yeah, I understand being busy and BY NO MEANS am I saying he is trying to rip anybody off. I hope he does not take it that way. My main issue is just not knowing what is going on. I was told there was a 6 week wait so for that to have turned into 5-6 months without much in the way of communication is just frustrating.

I am with you Blake, I am usually very impatient and never understand why an order I place on Monday isn't here by Tuesday lol.

I have no doubt I will get it and it will be great. Also, Greg was awesome at answering my questions and concerns before I committed to his harness.

Offline Speedfab

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 03:14:49 PM »
Ok I talked to Greg today and he is hard at it... Unfortunately that means I took 10 minutes of his time from doing you guys' shit.  My bad.

Just as a reminder to all the posters here, this is the FIRST POST in the "Product ETA" sticky at the top of this thread.  Greg is much like me in that either one of us will tell you STRAIGHT UP FRONT that we are slow as fuuuuuu.  Quality or speed: pick one:

If you ask about a product and its eta, unless it's in stock, ready to ship, whatever I tell you... double it. 

If you don't want to be disappointed... triple it. 

If you want to be excited because you feel like it's arrived early, quadrouple it.

80% of what we do is one of a kind, built for YOUR car, which you want to be different than everybody else's.  Not only are most of the products a one off, but we have to make them without ever laying eyes on your car.  We have to rely on measurements or pictures supplied by you, along with whatever special requests you have for the product to be taylored to your application, to build it right, the first time, without every seeing the car it's going on.

We're also a small operation comprised of mostly part time workers, who all have families and other obligations too.  My main helper has international family, and usually only works 3 weeks of the month, and visits his family on the 4th week.

All that being said, we do our best to only put out quality parts.  I'll put our harnesses against a Painless or any other name brand harness ANY DAY, all day, and twice on Sunday!  The FC mounts are the best design currently being made.  The harness mods are the most complete offered by anyother harness-modder of any engine swap chassis that I know of.

Long story short... if you want the best shit, of the shit we sell.... expect slow as shit turnaround time.

edit: and those of you wondering why the PM responce is slow... I got 5 PMs in the time it took me to write that... no shit.

I also agree with Blake on the communication deal, but on the flip side I know how it is to be buried and frustrated and just want to knock shit out and have no desire to talk to people.  If I can't give you some good news, the last thing I want to do is get on the phone making excuses, and I just plain WONT bullshit people and blow smoke up their ass.

unless you own a turbo ls9 rx7 you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Offline zbrown

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »
I personally think it is total BS he doesn't communicate.

him or hinson would be the two vendors I wouldn't have anything to do with on here

Just saying
8.50/165

Offline Speedfab

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2013, 05:58:28 PM »
Totally understandable.  I was just pointing out that he makes no bones about it right up front.

unless you own a turbo ls9 rx7 you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Offline shakenbake

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »
I'll vouch for Greg's quality and honesty. I can find some agreement with both Blake and Tracy. Theres no way I could wait for 6 months without updates for a harness but on the other hand no one makes a better FD swap harness IMO.

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 08:19:50 PM »
US Navy veteran Jeff Jordan?

I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS...

Offline BeasTT

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Twinz for teh winz
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
The lack of communication would kill me if I was in a customers shoes. But on the flip side, we've all see the people that haven't recieved a response from in a few days flipping out. It'd be cool to see the people that respect the fact that he's busy and only contact him every few weeks to get a status report.
Nick Shultz

1993 Rx-7
371ci, Twin Billet 6265's, Twin A2W's, ProEFI 128, RacePak IQ3,
McLeod RXT, Speedfab 8.8 solid axle, QA1s, FIC 2150cc, Magnafuel 4303

Offline Speedfab

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 12:00:18 AM »
The lack of communication would kill me if I was in a customers shoes.

I sold your car.  Last year.  Just changed my phone number too.

Offline WannaBeFast

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Single and Looking
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 03:15:01 AM »
if I had some money - I 'd order some backpage hookers right now.

Offline Jordan Innovations

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Competition Mil-spec wiring/electronics since 2005
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 04:49:56 AM »
I also agree with Blake on the communication deal, but on the flip side I know how it is to be buried and frustrated and just want to knock shit out and have no desire to talk to people.  If I can't give you some good news, the last thing I want to do is get on the phone making excuses, and I just plain WONT bullshit people and blow smoke up their ass.

I know that feel.  FUCK, do I know that feel.

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
See, I should just hire out to performance companies to do their communications.    I work for parts, and, like so many girls I dated, am dirt cheap.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2013 Focus ST3 - Stage 1 BPU

Offline Speedfab

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »
I'm making a vendor forum for my shop.  My slogan here is going to be "slower than Pez and Grannies put together, way less motivated than Ronin, nowhere near Jordan's enthusiasm, But at least we're more honest than Hinson"

Offline Speedfab

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »
like so many girls I dated, am dirt cheap.

Posting to Shannon's Facebook page in 3, 2,

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »
I'm making a vendor forum for my shop.  My slogan here is going to be "slower than Pez and Grannies put together, way less motivated than Ronin, nowhere near Jordan's enthusiasm, But at least we're more honest than Hinson"

Don't forget "we most likely won't even accept your money in the first place" lol.