July 16, 2019, 03:54:54 AM

Author Topic: My "Blue Devil" matchbox racer build 2.0  (Read 34940 times)

Offline 65imp

Re: My "Blue Devil" matchbox racer build 2.0
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »
Hey, any chance you know where to pick up that honeycomb mesh?  Looks great!
absolute power corrupts absolutely  :yay:
93 FD widebody - destroked
69 Suburban - positive manifold pressure
65 Impala - 5.7
59 cad  - WIP
53 spartan - shed status

Offline tai-lun

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2019, 07:06:07 PM »
Hey, any chance you know where to pick up that honeycomb mesh?  Looks great!

I'll be at the bodyshop next week, I'll ask them for you. My front mesh on the bumper while new, black and higher end is not the honeycomb. There is some coming in to replace it as I agree it looks way better and has a touch of that OEM look. I really like how it looks in the front fender vents, and it cuts down on the immense rock and dirt flying into the back fenders too :)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 03:46:13 PM by tai-lun »
Tai - 93 LS2 Ronin Widebody FD
Build Thread: http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=9172.0

Offline tai-lun

« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2019, 08:28:04 PM »
Some progress today on something I've been lacking, a bit of heat management. My LS2 typically sits around 195-206F if I am sitting in traffic for a good while (cholking everyone around me with exhaust fumes :D ), so my rad and fans keeping things ideal so far. However, in the cabin it gets a bit on the warm side especially in the summer where I can see the heat radiating out the vents and it warms the windshield where my cowl is too.

In an attempt o reflect some of the heat away (key word is attempt) from the struts, firewall and where the 13B cooked my framerails before - gold reflective tape was used. I will be continuing more down behind the intake when I take it off later, but for now I wanted to get the ball rolling. I didn't want to get excessive like a lot of engine bays I've seen use this stuff, and wanted to have smoother transitions where possible and limit overlapping.

Next up after the 7's day meet I'll be workign on finally installing my Katech valve covers that I painted wrinkle red... probably 5 years ago or longer, with the coil relocations. I am looking for a nice compact catch can to go where my ABS unit used to be if anyone can reccomend one or has one they are not using that would fit.
Tai - 93 LS2 Ronin Widebody FD
Build Thread: http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=9172.0

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2019, 10:57:44 PM »
Looks nice!

My friend Alex makes some nice catch cans:  http://www.neukin.com/

-Blake
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish