April 25, 2024, 06:58:19 PM

Author Topic: FD Powerflex Polyurethane Bushings  (Read 24981 times)

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
FD Powerflex Polyurethane Bushings
« on: July 12, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »

POWERFLEX has a wide experience in automotive suspension and chassis systems and have combined these design skills with advanced polyurethane manufacturing techniques to lead in the development of a wide range of high performance automotive polyurethane components. The company operates in a self-contained state of the art factory in England, manufacturing everything in-house. The molding and tooling, design and manufacturing is carried out within the factory ensuring very rapid response time to special projects and complete communication between development, prototyping, testing and manufacturing departments. Component manufacturing is carried out with the latest automatic processing equipment ensuring 100% right first time quality. Testing of new components is carried out both on the vehicle and on test rigs. ll of these factors combined make POWERFLEX the number one selling performance bushings in Europe and continue to increase popularity in today's North American automotive market.

All POWERFLEX poducts come with a lifetime warranty. Click here for more info: http://www.powerflexusa.com/lifetime_warranty.php

Most Powerflex bushings made for the 3rd gen RX-7 come in Purple (80A durometer) with the exception of the rear lower control arm and the rear upper control arm outer bushing (see #10 in the diagram below) which both come in Black (95A durometer).
We can custom order in durometers ranging from 70A(Yellow), 80A(Purple), and 95A(Black). 70A is slightly harder than rubber and works great for drivers looking for a slight increase in chassis response. 70A is not suggested in certain location due to its lack of rigidity. 80A is noticeably harder than rubber and makes a great performance street material that retails low levels of NVH. 95A is the hardest, and can be used in certain locations with minimal NVH. For most locations, 95A is used for aggressive/track use only. Custom durometer bushing sets take at least 4 weeks for delivery.

Complete Powerflex bushing kit $759.48
Includes the following bushings: Front sway bar, steering rack, front and rear upper and lower control arms, toe links, trailing arm, differential bushings and rear sway bar.

Powerflex kit without front and rear sway bars $673.10.
Includes the following bushings: Steering rack, front and rear upper and lower control arms, toe links, trailing arm, and differential bushings.

Don't need a full kit at this time? Individual bushings are also available:
When you order a part number, you will receive the driver and passenger side.

#1 - Front Lower Control Arm Front Bushing (PFF36-301) $54.99
#2 - Front Lower Control Arm Rear Bushing (PFF36-302) $54.99
#3 - Front Upper Control Arm Bushing (PFF36-303) $110.99
#5 - Front Sway Bar Bushing 29mm (PFF36-305) $47.99
#6 - Power Steering Rack Mount Kit (PFF36-306) $36.99
#7 - Rear Trailing Arm Front Bushing (PFR36-307) $54.99

#8 - Rear Lower Control Arm Inner Bushing (PFR36-308) $58.99
#9 - Rear Upper Control Arm Bushing (PFR36-309) $117.99
#10 - Rear Upper Control Arm Outer Bushing (PFR36-310) $62.99
#11 - Rear Diff To Cross Member Bushing (PFR36-311) $78.99
#15 - Rear Sway Bar Mounting Bushing 18mm (PFR36-315) $47.99
#18 - Rear Toe Adjuster Outer Bushing (PFR36-318) $55.99
#19 - Rear Toe Adjuster Inner Bushing (PFR36-319) $59.99

Extra grease packets are available for $2.00 a piece should you feel the need for extra packets.
Each grease packet will lube 2 large bushings or 4 small ones. 1 grease packet is included in each box of bushings. In other words a full kit comes with 13 grease packets (13 boxes).

NOTE: All prices above are plus shipping and plus tax for California residents.

Paypal, cash and credit cards are accepted.

Get these at www.j-auto.net

Installation service (by appointment only) is available for locals who wish to get these installed.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:08:22 PM by Juan »

Offline BeatTheTunaUp

Re: FD Powerflex Bushings
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:23:43 AM »
I just ordered a complete set to replace my unobtanium delrin bushings 2 weeks ago  :(  Oh well. Good stuff if anyone is interested.  Not to mention they're a 2 piece design so they don't need to be pressed in.
93 FD money pit
15 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
96 Dodge Ram 4X4  Truck I wanted in HS
98 Baja 192 Islander  5.7 vortec On the water

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:42:07 AM »
I just ordered a complete set to replace my unobtanium delrin bushings 2 weeks ago  :(  Oh well. Good stuff if anyone is interested.  Not to mention they're a 2 piece design so they don't need to be pressed in.

New bushings is one of the best things you can do to your FD. Ive had customer's call me on the drive home, after I installed these on their cars, almost yelling with joy from how much better their cars feel. The best part is that these wont rattle your interior apart or give you a harsh ride. My ride quality suffered more just by going to 18" wheels from 17's than by going with poly bushings.

I also carry Pillow ball bushings for the rear if any of you are interested. I'll make a thread about them once I get some pictures of them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:25:45 AM by Juan »

Offline shakenbake

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:51:17 AM »
You should make an intro page and tell us about yourself/your business.

Offline mefarri

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »
Agreed.  I will say that the powerflex stuff is nice.  I just did the whole front suspension on my car and the diff bushings on my friend's FD (what a pain in the ass to get them to go in straight by the way...)  Powerflex needs to include more grease though.  What they send is barely enough to get a thin film on everything.
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline BeatTheTunaUp

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
I bought a tube of Marine Grease.  It's resistant against water, thick and sticky so it'll stay on the bushings for longer.
93 FD money pit
15 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
96 Dodge Ram 4X4  Truck I wanted in HS
98 Baja 192 Islander  5.7 vortec On the water

Offline Tibbys96Z

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:50:02 AM »
I also carry Pillow ball bushings for the rear if any of you are interested. I'll make a thread about them once I get some pictures of them.
I need one pillow ball in my I arm. What is the price on that one?

Offline frijolee

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
Is this juan = wan?

Socal guy / track day regular?  If so welcome to NoRotors.
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline RX7what

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 04:38:16 PM »
Yeah its him. He has a power flex bushing page on the west forum as well.

I am very interested. But I dont need the diff bushings or the trailing arms or toe links. Can you PM me a price, I am in CA.
Thanks
PER AUDACIA AD ASTRA
95 FD #496/499 LS2   http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=4789.0

Norotors is far and away the best car forum on the Internet, bar none.

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 12:26:46 AM »
Agreed.  I will say that the powerflex stuff is nice.  I just did the whole front suspension on my car and the diff bushings on my friend's FD (what a pain in the ass to get them to go in straight by the way...)  Powerflex needs to include more grease though.  What they send is barely enough to get a thin film on everything.

I feel the same way about the grease but extra grease packets are available at $2.00 a pop. I've found that 2 or 3 extra packets of grease is enough to have on hand just in case.

I need one pillow ball in my I arm. What is the price on that one?

Sent you a PM.

You should make an intro page and tell us about yourself/your business.

I'll work on one since most people may not know me on this forum.

Is this juan = wan?

Socal guy / track day regular?  If so welcome to NoRotors.

:wave: I had my name changed on the RX7club to Juan but it's the same 'ol me. Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah its him. He has a power flex bushing page on the west forum as well.

I am very interested. But I dont need the diff bushings or the trailing arms or toe links. Can you PM me a price, I am in CA.
Thanks

Sent you a PM.

Offline gnx7

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 03:12:47 AM »
bushings are one of the best improvements you can do to your car!

I like how you offer them individually.  I'll be contacting you in Aug or Sept for some.  Getting some custom lowers made and I have aftermarket rear toe/trailing arms already...
'93 FD: 441ci/AllPro LS7 heads/intake en route, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS, HolleyHP, DavisTechTC 10.32@137mph cats/full exhaust. 165mph 1/2 mile (old LS7)
'93 FD LS9 turbo, T56 Mag, Samberg 8.8" solid axle, 9.35@163mph 197mph 1/2 mile
`69 Chevelle: alum 5.3, GTS76 turbo, ChiseledPerf A/W, T56 Magnum,Ford 35 spline 9".CTS-V interior http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18234.0
old yellar....440rwhp/FD sold but not forgotten: http://www.ponycars.net/scc.htm
I sell new T56 Magnums/McLeod clutch/T56 rebuild kits/Holley EFI/FIC injectors and all BrianTooleyRacing parts.  norcalmotorsport@gmail.com

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
bushings are one of the best improvements you can do to your car!

I like how you offer them individually.  I'll be contacting you in Aug or Sept for some.  Getting some custom lowers made and I have aftermarket rear toe/trailing arms already...

Thanks! I'm ready when you are  ;)

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
Re: FD Powerflex Polyurethane Bushings
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »
I added a third bushing kit (Powerflex basic) and decided to drop the 3% paypal fee! Times are tough and these changes will save you guys even more money :cheers:

Thanks to all who've purchased bushings so far!

Offline evilarexeven

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 06:51:36 PM »
PM'd you on the other forum, same user name  :)

Offline Sabre002

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »
#1 - Front Lower Control Arm Front Bushing (PFF36-301) $50.99
#2 - Front Lower Control Arm Rear Bushing (PFF36-302) $50.99
#3 - Front Upper Control Arm Bushing (PFF36-303) $103.99
#5 - Front Sway Bar Bushing 29mm (PFF36-305) $43.99
#6 - Power Steering Rack Mount Kit (PFF36-306) $34.99
#8 - Rear Lower Control Arm Inner Bushing (PFR36-308) $53.99
#9 - Rear Upper Control Arm Bushing (PFR36-309) $110.99
#10 - Rear Upper Control Arm Outer Bushing (PFR36-310) $58.99
#15 - Rear Sway Bar Mounting Bushing 18mm (PFR36-315) $43.99

this would be a great way to put a kit together for guys running a cobra rear with aftermarket toe links and trailing arms. 
Josh
Manager Business Development, Mazda Motorsports
For info on how to join the Mazda Motorsports Team Support Program Email me.
Jsmit295@mazdausa.com