May 06, 2024, 02:34:49 AM

Author Topic: FC: Power steering Info (help)  (Read 7435 times)

Offline Andrew R

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • Superunnatural
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
FC: Power steering Info (help)
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »
Need some help guys!

In the three hole rack which one is plugged, pressure and return?
Also need the tread pitch/size of a stock LS pump and the FC rack.

Offline BDavis

Re: FC: Power steering Info (help)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:33 PM »
if you are standing in front of the car looking in the engine bay it would be the hole closest to the engine and it is a pressure line, just an fyi it's a pain to get to with the rack and the engine in the car. as for the thread pitch i have no idea.

Butch

Offline MeanFC

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »
I've found websites tend to disappear.  So I save stuff to my hard drive like a pack rat.  Of course hard drives tend to disappear too.  Here's my first contribution to the new (to me) board... an old FC PS diagram from somebody.

Offline tweak

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
Does anybody have an example of what a AN to OEM line adapter would look like and be called on for example summit racings website?
Red 88 FC GTU - 2000 LS1  - 3 stage 6 gallon dry sump - Stock LS1, T101A transmission - Stance coilovers .... lots of tires.

Marshessn

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »
Also need the tread pitch/size of a stock LS pump and the FC rack.

Good luck andrew. I hope someone gives you this information in your thread... I have asked this question a few times and searched up and down to no avail...

Offline Incognito

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 03:37:33 PM »
FYI to this thread :

The high pressure inlet on the Mazda rack is a M14x1.25

.....  no adapters exist to go from M14x1.25 to 4AN ...... DOHHHHH  !!!! 

Offline Andrew R

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • Superunnatural
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »
I went with the Pez solution...  works perfect.

OR you can take an FD line and have the GM line crimped onto it -the FD has the same size banjo -but you will need the stock FC banjo bolt.

Offline willcoop

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
I've found websites tend to disappear.  So I save stuff to my hard drive like a pack rat.  Of course hard drives tend to disappear too.  Here's my first contribution to the new (to me) board... an old FC PS diagram from somebody.

I have been looking for something like this to confirm which port gets blocked off.

Offline theantirotor

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »
I dont see what is so hard about making the power steering line for an FC.  Take the stock fbody power steering line and cut the flare off the end.  Take the stock FC power steering line and cut the flare off its end.  Remove the flare nut from the fbody line.  Put the nut from the FC line onto the fbody line.  Reflare the end.  Done.
:bacon:

Marshessn

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »
I dont see what is so hard about making the power steering line for an FC.  Take the stock fbody power steering line and cut the flare off the end.  Take the stock FC power steering line and cut the flare off its end.  Remove the flare nut from the fbody line.  Put the nut from the FC line onto the fbody line.  Reflare the end.  Done.

For those of us that have neither the Fbody hose nor the FC hose, that seems pretty difficult.

Offline theantirotor

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
I would imagine both could be sourced fairly easily/cheaply.  Especially the mazda one.
:bacon:

Offline tweak

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 05:51:40 PM »

I did it this way.  Works perfectly and the price is perfect for what's left of the 7's budget. :D
Red 88 FC GTU - 2000 LS1  - 3 stage 6 gallon dry sump - Stock LS1, T101A transmission - Stance coilovers .... lots of tires.

Offline smackhead999

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:24:45 PM »
you can buy the low pressure hose adapter(an-mazda) from summit. You can also buy a banjo(an-banjo...like 16 or 18mm)  and use the stock banjo bolt.  Or if you dont have a stock banjo bolt, make one.  Buy a bolt that fits, drill a hole in the end, and then a hole through the bolt.

Low pressure fitting - Summit part # AER-FBM2608
High pressure banjo - summit part # SUM-220696B

The banjo wont be a perfect fit, it will be loose around the bolt.  Just use appropriate size copper washers, and get it lined up good.

As for the LS ps pump, I dont know.  I havent gotten there yet.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:35:52 PM by smackhead999 »
88 GXL/6.0L Iron block/Cam/OTR Intake/2.5"dual exhaust
T56/Spec Aluminum Flywheel and Clutch/Stock Diff
JIC Magic Coilovers/Hyperco coils
Bare bones and ugly

Offline Silver87

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »

Can anybody confirm that the diagram posted is correct?? 

Offline willcoop

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
That is how I hooked mine up