August 18, 2018, 02:49:28 PM

Author Topic: Stand alone AC wiring harness (GenIII PCM only)  (Read 7751 times)

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Re: Stand alone AC wiring harness (GenIII PCM only)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 03:41:08 PM »
I can, but it won't have GM PCM control over the compressor.  It will have PCM control over the fans (turn the fans on when you turn the AC on) and PCM control over the idle (PCM will raise the idle accordingly to compensate for the additional load of the compressor).  You can get some compressor protection by including an RPM window into your relay control.  I can supply one and make it up as part of the harness if you like.  Window switchs range from $50-150, depending on how snazzy you want it.

Greg,

Will this work as the compressor switch protection you are talking about. It's inexpensive and looks "snazzy".  :)

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS%20Performance%20Products/555/40824/10002/-1?CT=999

If you've got an ls2, yes that will work fine. If you've got an ls1, it is not needed.
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline theantirotor

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »
Are you still doing these harnesses?  I am getting weak and considering putting A/C in my FC.  Will this allow the A/C button on the logicon to turn the a/c on and off and the PCM to control it?
:bacon:

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
Yes, you'll need to connect one wire to the AC Request circuit at the old Mazda ECM connection, a wire to key on power, wire to ground, then plug into the compressor and GM AC pressure sensor.  Once you're lines are made, everything will work like stock.
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

automationLED

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »
could i get a quote on how much it would cost to get A/C lines and wiring harness for a 02 camaro LS1 into a FD?

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
Ac lines are on hold right now. My distributor has gone a different route and no longer offers ac parts. Looking for another now.

Offline AKINA FC

• Launching!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 12:07:29 AM »
Have any AC harness's available, I would like to buy one. PM me Pez. Thanks!  02 fbody pcm, FC.

Offline ccdominic

• Staged
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »
still available?