April 27, 2024, 01:01:07 AM

Author Topic: RX7 PRO CHARGER KIT - F1A -  (Read 19813 times)

Offline Exidous

Re: RX7 PRO CHARGER KIT - F1A -
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »
Sorry for the bad pic but this is what it looks like on an FD....I'm missing two pieces though. Can't figure out how one bolts up and can't find the money for the other. :-) Anyone own a procharger mockup? :-p

Sorry for not fitting it earlier and getting you some pics.

It's going to be really close to the hood but I think it will clear.
94 BB Sleeved gen IV LS7, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and LT's with custom 3.5"single to VAREX muffler.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 04:57:34 PM »
Sorry for the bad pic but this is what it looks like on an FD....I'm missing two pieces though. Can't figure out how one bolts up and can't find the money for the other. :-) Anyone own a procharger mockup? :-p

Sorry for not fitting it earlier and getting you some pics.

It's going to be really close to the hood but I think it will clear.

Well thank you Patrick, I appreciate you posting some pics of that. Sure looks like it will fit, wish I was closer to help out.
The second picture is the new tensioner assembly and it bolts to the a/c bracket that holds the a/c compressor. Pull the bolt out that hold the a/c tensioner to the main a/c bracket and the one that holds the idler pulley on the a/c bracket, it replaces those bolts. The adjustable bolt is the one for the tensioner and the bigger bolt is the top one for the idler, spacer goes between the new tensioner bracket and the idler pulley. The little curve in the new bracket is so you can get to the a/c tensioner and change the belt with out having to remove the new tensioner assembly. I'll take some pics of mine as I am pulling it apart to help you as best I can. :cheers:

Offline Exidous

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »
Thanks man. I know is had something to do with the A/C bracket....just couldn't figure it out exactly.

How far out does the charger stick from the face of the bracket? Is it above the bracket at all?

The wood is at the top back of both headlight covers.

The tensioner pulley seems like it should have a spacer that moves it back towards the block. The idler is perfectly aligned with the crank. I know that when I go to 8 rib it should move out from the block about 2 ribs but it seems the tensioner is about 4 off.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:37:11 PM by Exidous »
94 BB Sleeved gen IV LS7, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and LT's with custom 3.5"single to VAREX muffler.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
Thanks man. I know is had something to do with the A/C bracket....just couldn't figure it out exactly.

How far out does the charger stick from the face of the bracket? Is it above the bracket at all?

The wood is at the top back of both headlight covers.

The tensioner pulley seems like it should have a spacer that moves it back towards the block. The idler is perfectly aligned with the crank. I know that when I go to 8 rib it should move out from the block about 2 ribs but it seems the tensioner is about 4 off.

Wow thanks! The blower volute is above the bracket by about a 1/2", the top of the bracket is dead even with the gear case. I don't know exact on the blower depth but about 12" maybe a little less, my blower is at procharger right now. From that board there is a ton of room, should fit nicely.
The tensioner is also adjustable, that lower bolt housing threads in and out of the bracket to adjust the pitch of the pulley which affect that as well, leave both bolts loose and losen the lock nut and thread the rod in or out, then lock the jam nut and tighten it all down. Also, which I forgot to add for you patrick when I made that, is you need a couple washers to shim the pulley on the tensioner to get it to line up exactly with the crank pulley, i have two washers on my tensioner right now, so it dont take much. The idler pulley mount on the bracket I machined so it should be right on.
I can send you a couple shims i used to space the pulley on mine if you need them Patrick.

Offline Exidous

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
I'm sure I have a couple washers laying around. I'll get a pic tomorrow of a ruler sticking out from the bracket.  I'll Mount up my hood to while I'm at it.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 12:02:36 AM »
Thanks Patrick, I really appreciate you doing that.

Pending sale again with a different customer at the moment.

Offline Ls2Rx7

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 01:06:36 AM »
Great looking kit and I sure it's gonna make lots of power for whoever gets it. I know I very happy with mines and it's a baby compared to the f1a. Here is a better pic of what that blower will look on a fd rx7
Ls2, Tick Sns 2 cam, A&a c6 kit, LS3 top end, 760/640 @ 13.5 psi

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 08:29:05 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help/pics. KIT IS STILL FOR SALE for those that are still interested.

Updated opening post - price with crank dampener, p/s pulley, alternator pulley and idler.

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
I would like to install this in my MINI.   Except I don't think it has enough power to spin the blower.   ;)

GLWS man, this is a STEAL for what's included and how sorted it is.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »
I would almost pay to see that Blake haha

STILL FOR SALE,
lots of tire kicking so far. I am open to a little bit of trading plus cash if someone has some go fast goodies - ls7 heads, ls7 fast 102 intake and so on - shot in the dark there but I thought I would throw that out there as I am looking for parts on the new motor and maybe someone has something I could use that they would want to work into a deal.

Offline Speedfab

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »
There are 4 E85 stations within .25 miles of my house. :D

None of which sell beer, ironically.

unless you own a turbo ls9 rx7 you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
Weekend bolt on boost bump! 

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 11:12:01 AM »
Still for sale! Somebody wants boost!

Offline harkey25

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »
I want it, but my bank account says otherwise

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 11:41:51 AM »
Well how much does your bank account say it has?  :poke:  :cheers:

I am open to reasonable offers as  I would prefer a fellow member to have this versus just selling it on ebay.