April 24, 2024, 04:01:32 AM

Author Topic: New FC from MN  (Read 2860 times)

Offline bnuts01

New FC from MN
« on: November 16, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »
Hey everyone. People call me Bnuts, I am from MN. I picked up a FC up roughly at the end of August. No brakes, didn't run, looks likes a child took some 36grit paper and sanded it then painted over the top.

Brough it back to my shop and found out no fuel. So I added fuel, it would pop off and if I was lucky it would run for a sec then die. The kid I bought it from put a new plugs and wires in it and hooked the wires up wrong... I switched those around and started up and after it warmed up it would idle nicely.

Well just recently I pulled the wankel out and am planning to do a 5.3 swap with a t56. Once it actually get around the block I will pull everything out and start making the engine bay pretty then move to the outside.

ALSO bare with me I may be asking a lot of questions. Just be gentle.

That is basically a short story on what I have planned at the moment. So here are some pictures.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:37:52 PM by bnuts01 »

Offline digitalsolo

Re: New FC from MN
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »
It would appear your wheels do not fit.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline bnuts01

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »
Yeah... this thing is in "rough" condition. The fenders are pushed out at the bottom with that seems to be a part of a gutter cut in half.

Offline jim3

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »
Oh, my.  As a consolation, I rescued my Opel from being next for the crusher, similar to what you have done.

J/k, good luck with the build, half the fun is watching blood squirt from your knuckles, the other half is driving the completed project.

Coulda saved yourself some work and bought my car for $5g, it'l run 8's with boost and nos and another 500 horsepower, lol.
You can make a barn door fly with enough horsepower.

Retirement at last.  Wife's not happy, I bought a '66 Rustang instead of paying off my F150.

Offline bnuts01

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »
Oh, my.  As a consolation, I rescued my Opel from being next for the crusher, similar to what you have done.

J/k, good luck with the build, half the fun is watching blood squirt from your knuckles, the other half is driving the completed project.

Coulda saved yourself some work and bought my car for $5g, it'l run 8's with boost and nos and another 500 horsepower, lol.

But where is the fun in buying a finished project! Learning, tinkering, and trial and error get me motivated to get things done! Besides everything on it will be stripped. I don't believe I can do that to a finished car.

Offline jim3

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
Exactly.  That's why I said good luck, enjoy the finished product.  Don't be shy to ask for help on here.
You can make a barn door fly with enough horsepower.

Retirement at last.  Wife's not happy, I bought a '66 Rustang instead of paying off my F150.

Offline bnuts01

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
Thanks! This will all be new to me. Most of the Interior is stripped. Going to be mkaing a few body panels in the next couple of weeks.