May 01, 2024, 10:14:50 PM

Author Topic: fc subframe solid bushings  (Read 15899 times)

Offline gc3

fc subframe solid bushings
« on: October 05, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
I cannot seem to find a source for solid subframe bushings for an FC...
everyone seems to be out of stock if they even list it...

anyone know of any sources?

Offline usmcpi

Re: fc subframe solid bushings
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:33:20 AM »
I got mine on Amazon.  Think the brand is drop forge or something.  They seem to be about a mm too small in diameter though.  Could just be my diff housing though, not sure.  I have 2 sets laying around.

Offline cool

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »
You want an aluminum bushing/spacer or a delrin bushing? I bought my diff and subframe bushings off eBay. The seller only markets them as either diff bushings or subframe bushings (I can't remember which) but they are the same size for both.

Offline gc3

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:32:19 PM »
amazon doesnt seem to list any currently,
and i dont care either aluminum or delrin or uhmw.
i find it hard to believe the same bushing works for both the diff and subframe. the studs arent the same dimensions at all.
ebay doesnt have any subframe bushings listed either.

Offline cool

Offline kartermdb

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »
I bought those off ebay as well.  They seem fine for both the diff and subframe mounts.

Offline usmcpi

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 08:47:24 PM »
Those look exactly like what I have

Offline cool

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »
Those look exactly like what I have
You said that yours fit loosely? Mine had to be pressed into both the diff and subframe.

Offline usmcpi

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »
Yeah, that''s how it's supposed to be done.  I think this company just messed up.  I even called and asked them to measure a few more of their sets.  They said they couldn't because they drop ship them from Cali and they are in (insert far as hell place here).  My differential holes measured out to 66mm and my bushings are 65mm.  Not really an issue to me because I have an 8.8 now.

Offline gc3

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:57 AM »
so you all are saying that the rear diff and subframe bushing are the same shape?
I'll measure the bores later but it seems strange that they both work.
I've measured the studs and they are not equivalent....

Offline Mr Hyde

Geoff M
91 FC-L92
Build is in progress

Offline gc3

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 03:11:27 PM »
so there is no shortage of diff bushings.
i'm not looking for diff bushings.

im looking for subframe specific bushings, which some people are claiming are the same as the diff bushings... but i havent seen proof of this yet.

this source (currently out of stock)
http://www.dropengineering.com/mazda-rx7-rear-subframe-bushing-set-delrin-86-92.html
shows subframe bushings more in the shape i would expect, which would not be the same as the diff bushings.

Offline usmcpi

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 05:27:19 PM »
I've always heard they were the same.  But that is the company I got my diff bushings from.  Stay away.

Offline usmcpi

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 05:32:19 PM »
Just a thought, they sell Delrin, UMHW, etc cylinders pretty cheap.  Probably wouldn't be much to have a local machine shop turn it on a lathe for you.  Buy some extra stock and have the shop make a few sets to sell.

Offline kartermdb

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 01:29:35 AM »
That guy on ebay used to sell the same bushings marketed as subframe and diff bushings, its whats in my car and it works fine for me, but its a track only car.