March 29, 2024, 01:46:50 AM

Author Topic: ls3 fd build (Erod)  (Read 19250 times)

Offline ls3_rob

Re: ls3 fd build (Erod)
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »
I am assuming that is the cts-v drive kit?

DOes the ac bracket not hit the steering rack and what are you going to do about the power steering presuure and the cap hitting the hood?

Thanks Rob
07 tl type s daily
93 rx7 ls3

Offline Negrok20r

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
Cap doesn't hit the hood

Ac braket you have to notch it little bit
dc2 k20 turbo
93 FD under construction
" If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over ? "

Offline ls3_rob

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 01:28:51 PM »
what are you going to do for the power steering lines?

I heard the cts-v is overkill for our racks
07 tl type s daily
93 rx7 ls3

Offline Negrok20r

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 02:06:22 PM »

There is a resistor/reductor that you can buy and adjust it to your liking
But I'm no using power steering, I'm going to depower the rack

If I go power steering I'm going to have that mad by a local shop
$80 to mate the ls3 line to the rx7 one
dc2 k20 turbo
93 FD under construction
" If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over ? "

Offline Jordan Innovations

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Competition Mil-spec wiring/electronics since 2005
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 05:53:13 PM »

It's not hugely overpowered, we used a CTS-V pump on one of our LS3 swaps and although it doesn't have the awesome feel of a F-body pump with the Turn One reduction fitting (currently in development for CTS-V pump by Turn One, btw), it's not the worst thing in the world either.

Offline gnx7

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »
If you don't finish the car.... you will never get that kind of money for a non running one.

Sack up and get er done.
'93 FD: 441ci/AllPro LS7 heads/intake en route, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS, HolleyHP, DavisTechTC 10.32@137mph cats/full exhaust. 165mph 1/2 mile (old LS7)
'93 FD LS9 turbo, T56 Mag, Samberg 8.8" solid axle, 9.35@163mph 197mph 1/2 mile
`69 Chevelle: alum 5.3, GTS76 turbo, ChiseledPerf A/W, T56 Magnum,Ford 35 spline 9".CTS-V interior http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18234.0
old yellar....440rwhp/FD sold but not forgotten: http://www.ponycars.net/scc.htm
I sell new T56 Magnums/McLeod clutch/T56 rebuild kits/Holley EFI/FIC injectors and all BrianTooleyRacing parts.  norcalmotorsport@gmail.com

Offline ls3_rob

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »
wiring with the ls3 controller kit from what ive heard is pretty simple
07 tl type s daily
93 rx7 ls3

Offline armt350

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
This setup is pretty much a mirror of mine, with the exception on my exhaust i ran a 4 inch straight through muffler. The wiring isnt that bad at all, and for most purposes, of the 13 or so wires you have to hook up its easily talked through. One thing to note, the black plug on the left side of the transmission... take it off and make a blocking plate. It will pop out and drain all the dexron III onto your exhaust and smoke out your car at probably the most inopportune time. Are you planning on running speedhut gauges or trying to use a dakota digital?

Offline Negrok20r

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2013, 12:50:55 AM »
If you don't finish the car.... you will never get that kind of money for a non running one.

Sack up and get er done.

Then I guess it the car won't sell lol
I'm not trying to get a hit by selling it , I rather finish it and enjoy
But if it was a buyer Ill let it go
Everything on the car was bought brand new so I think if a buyer will pull the trigger has to be one that was planning on doing kinda what I did

I'm not stoping the project as I'm typing this I'm buying some seats for the car and the spoiler  :drive:
If it sells well if not I have to finish it

wiring with the ls3 controller kit from what ive heard is pretty simple

Kinda I guess

This setup is pretty much a mirror of mine, with the exception on my exhaust i ran a 4 inch straight through muffler. The wiring isnt that bad at all, and for most purposes, of the 13 or so wires you have to hook up its easily talked through. One thing to note, the black plug on the left side of the transmission... take it off and make a blocking plate. It will pop out and drain all the dexron III onto your exhaust and smoke out your car at probably the most inopportune time. Are you planning on running speedhut gauges or trying to use a dakota digital?

^^ is yours running?
I bought Dakota dig for it
Reverse lock out from accutach
Then I been messing with the wiring little

One question I have is why most of the builds I see people run the battery on the cabin?
I was wondering that
dc2 k20 turbo
93 FD under construction

Offline ls3_rob

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
they run the battery that way to free up some space AND give it a cleaner look. some say its to even out the weight distribution but they are full of it. I like the clean no wire nothing but motor look anyway so thats why I did it.

plus if you are using the ls3 controller kit there is a direct port for the battery terminal
07 tl type s daily
93 rx7 ls3

Offline clocker

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »
they run the battery that way to free up some space AND give it a cleaner look. some say its to even out the weight distribution but they are full of it.
Why would you say that?
Whether or not it's the primary reason, relocating the battery does centralize the weight, even if it's only a bit.

Offline armt350

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »
Yeah, my car is running. Did your magnum not come with the reverse lockout, reverse light switch and speed sensor? Mine came from the factory with all the parts, I just had to buy the ford connectors from a website for pretty cheap. The reverse lock out I wired to my brake light. the reverse light I wired to the factory wire in the drivers footwell.

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »
they run the battery that way to free up some space AND give it a cleaner look. some say its to even out the weight distribution but they are full of it. I like the clean no wire nothing but motor look anyway so thats why I did it.

plus if you are using the ls3 controller kit there is a direct port for the battery terminal

Not true, BMW has put the battery in the right rear to offset driver weight.

Offline Negrok20r

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2013, 12:51:17 AM »
i worked on the car today

canister and fpr

fuel pump 400lph

interior done

my black seats came in today

fenders installed

spoiler came in too  :)

still 50/50 on it
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:01:14 AM by Negrok20r »
dc2 k20 turbo
93 FD under construction

Offline clocker

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »
Man, someone is going to be hating life if they ever have to work on the door electrics.