March 29, 2024, 05:41:43 AM

Author Topic: Speedhut Gauges Here!  (Read 54357 times)

Offline Jordan Innovations

• Top Fuel
  • Competition Mil-spec wiring/electronics since 2005
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
Speedhut Gauges Here!
« on: July 12, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »

Jordan Innovations Partners with Speedhut

We've sold a lot of different gauges over the years, and the biggest differences between reliable gauges and crap are 1) quality sending units (sensors), and 2) computer-controlled stepper motors.  Speedhut gauges have both of these, are shallow enough to mount in the stock cluster locations (or anywhere else you can imagine), and offer fully customize-able colors (needle/background/lettering) in any of their attractive gauge faces!

:bacon: For us V8 swappers, another added benefit is no Dakota Digital/etc boxes are required  :bacon:
The tachometers and speedometers are programmable and don't require conversion boxes, saving you money!   

2 1/16" - 52mm                 
Fuel Level [programmable] - $70
Oil Pressure [0-100psi] -$77
Oil Temp [140-300*F] - $75
Coolant Temp [120-260*F] -$75
Trans Temp [140-300*F] - $75
Volts [0-18v] - $60

3 3/8" - 86mm                     
120mph Speedometer (with odometer/trip) - $160
160mph Speedometer (with odometer/trip) - $160
8,000rpm Tachometer - $120
10,000 rpm Tachometer - $120

Full pricing up soon, feel free to PM or email (Jeff [at] JordanInnovations.com) for a quote. 
Here's a couple of the most popular items:
3 3/8" 8,000rpm / 10,000rpm Tach, programmable progressive shift lights, peak/hold - $155
3 3/8" 160mph / 200mph Speedo with odo/trip and peak - $175
3 3/8" 160mph / 200mph Speedo with odo/trip, peak AND TURN SIGNALS + HIGH BEAM - $195
3 3/8" 120mph / 160mph / 200mph / 260mph GPS Speedo with odo and peak - $255
3 3/8" 120mph / 160mph / 200mph GPS Speedo with odo/trip, peak AND TURN SIGNALS + HIGH BEAM - $275

4" 8,000rpm / 10,000rpm Tach, programmable progressive shift lights, peak/hold - $165
4" 120mph / 160mph / 200mph Speedo with odo/trip and peak - $195
4" 160mph / 200mph Speedo with odo/trip, peak AND TURN SIGNALS + HIGH BEAM - $215
4" 120mph / 160mph / 200mph / 260mph GPS Speedo with odo and peak - $275
4" 120mph / 160mph / 200mph GPS Speedo with odo/trip, peak AND TURN SIGNALS + HIGH BEAM - $295

There are some very cool gauge sets that can save you some money as well!

Possibly best of all, FREE SHIPPING for gauge sets for all of our NoRotors family :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:34:00 PM by Jordan Innovations »

Offline BeasTT

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Twinz for teh winz
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: Speedhut Gauges Here!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »
Orly? I'll be replacing the prosport gauges in my car when I get it back, and I was trying to decide between Autometer Elites and the Speedhut Revolutions. Hmmmm
Nick Shultz

1993 Rx-7
371ci, Twin Billet 6265's, Twin A2W's, ProEFI 128, RacePak IQ3,
McLeod RXT, Speedfab 8.8 solid axle, QA1s, FIC 2150cc, Magnafuel 4303

• Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »
We've used some Autometer Elites, they're really not bad (they also use good senders for the Elites, not like the rest of the Autometer line), and they have relay triggers for fans/etc... But you have a standalone lol.  Speedhuts have more customization options and are ~$50 cheaper per gauge!

Offline Demon

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »
I'm looking into doing a whole dash gauge setup panel mount style. See how much they want to have 2 dual gauge for Water temp/psi and Oil Temp/Psi.

Cause then I'd get the separate tach/speedometer, and the fuel/volt.

wo0t!
'93 RX7 (co-project with macnewma)
'95 Supra Turbo Billet GT42-76

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
Can you change the color of my voltage/fuel level/clock gauge (clock gauge?) faces? To make them like the main cluster? 

Offline dream36realms

Speedhut Gauges Here!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
Do you have the ability to make them like you can in their site on your site? I designed mine about 50 times and still ain't bought them yet due to lack of $$$ I do have the cheapo $50 set from eBay to get me by
日までに仕事および夜までに虐殺。
を下って、人類と

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »
Awesome.   Nice products.   I'd have bought some of those by now if I wasn't broke as shit.   :D
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

• Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 09:59:58 PM »
Editing the top post with pricing and more gauges as I get time here...

I'm looking into doing a whole dash gauge setup panel mount style. See how much they want to have 2 dual gauge for Water temp/psi and Oil Temp/Psi.

Cause then I'd get the separate tach/speedometer, and the fuel/volt.

wo0t!

In 3 3/8" it'd be around $215, 4" would be around $230.

Can you change the color of my voltage/fuel level/clock gauge (clock gauge?) faces? To make them like the main cluster? 

Do you want to change the color of the gauges you already bought?  They can do that,  but you'd have to send 'em back to them.  As far as customizing gauges to match the stock face, I think the yellow is a little light and the red is a little too dark for the factory colors, but even the white lettering looks good in the factory cluster.

Do you have the ability to make them like you can in their site on your site? I designed mine about 50 times and still ain't bought them yet due to lack of $$$ I do have the cheapo $50 set from eBay to get me by

Yeah!  If you tell me what you ended up with in their tool, I can order them just like that for less, with free shipping!

Awesome.   Nice products.   I'd have bought some of those by now if I wasn't broke as shit.   :D

Haha thanks Blake, but you're only broke because you bought a bunch of rad parts recently.  Don't play coy with me! 

Offline Gunnytron

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 05:06:10 AM »
So why we need now is a kit including the gauges Pre-wired and a customized dash to fit them :)
http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=12880.0
FD, LS1 running 220 3.90 Trickflow heads, Comp Ultra-gold Arc 1.72 Rockers, 7.550 BTR Pushrods, BTR Stage II NA Cam 227/234 .614"/.576" 113+2, ARP Head Bolts, BTR Platinum Springs, Ported FAST 90, NW 90mm TB, FAST 60lb Injectors, Textralia Clutch/Flywheel, T56, Cobra 8.8, 31 spline, trac-loc 3.55 Diff, Holley HP EFI, Racelogic TC.

Offline Gunnytron

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »
.... Not that I'm lazy or anything :)
http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=12880.0
FD, LS1 running 220 3.90 Trickflow heads, Comp Ultra-gold Arc 1.72 Rockers, 7.550 BTR Pushrods, BTR Stage II NA Cam 227/234 .614"/.576" 113+2, ARP Head Bolts, BTR Platinum Springs, Ported FAST 90, NW 90mm TB, FAST 60lb Injectors, Textralia Clutch/Flywheel, T56, Cobra 8.8, 31 spline, trac-loc 3.55 Diff, Holley HP EFI, Racelogic TC.

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »
Editing the top post with pricing and more gauges as I get time here...

Do you want to change the color of the gauges you already bought?  They can do that,  but you'd have to send 'em back to them.  As far as customizing gauges to match the stock face, I think the yellow is a little light and the red is a little too dark for the factory colors, but even the white lettering looks good in the factory cluster.

Okay. First one.

Offline BeasTT

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Twinz for teh winz
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:18:09 AM »
I'm assuming 3-3/8" is the replacement size for the factory FD speedo/tach?
Nick Shultz

1993 Rx-7
371ci, Twin Billet 6265's, Twin A2W's, ProEFI 128, RacePak IQ3,
McLeod RXT, Speedfab 8.8 solid axle, QA1s, FIC 2150cc, Magnafuel 4303

Offline mefarri

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 11:25:08 AM »
Do you have any idea how easy it is to replace the factory tach with one of these?  My friend's FD tach shit the bed and they don't sell new factory units.  Also, they don't make dual gauges do they?

And what's wrong with the standard autometer stuff's sending units?  They've always been quick and dead reliable when I've used them.
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline Sabre002

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 11:27:50 AM »
I have been looking at these a lot for the FD.  I would like to at least replace the oil pressure and water temp.  Can you get some that match the FD cluster?  if so whats the price for them two with senders? 
Josh
Manager Business Development, Mazda Motorsports
For info on how to join the Mazda Motorsports Team Support Program Email me.
Jsmit295@mazdausa.com

• Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »
So why we need now is a kit including the gauges Pre-wired and a customized dash to fit them :)

Here's some pics of Scott's cluster that we wired in with his full Mil-spec engine and chassis harnesses (I don't remember what his screen name is on here, but I'm sure he'll chime in).  That's exactly what we plan to do, given a free second or two.

(not shown is the wiring all cleaned up and extended, and my wiring to save turn signal indicators).

I'm assuming 3-3/8" is the replacement size for the factory FD speedo/tach?

4" is what Lane did, I don't remember if Scott got 4" tach/3 3/8" speedo or 4" for both.  4" works much better for the tach, and I'll check my measurements to confirm.  I'm about to try 3 3/8" for both with a small trim ring for another customer who wanted the more basic series, we'll see how that goes.

Do you have any idea how easy it is to replace the factory tach with one of these?  My friend's FD tach shit the bed and they don't sell new factory units.  Also, they don't make dual gauges do they?

And what's wrong with the standard autometer stuff's sending units?  They've always been quick and dead reliable when I've used them.

It's relatively easy to replace the tach, but because you have to clearance the back of the connectors to clear the tach body, I'm not sure how feasible it is for the 'average joe' to keep the rest of the cluster intact.  We've only done conversions where we've replaced all of the gauges.  I would say that we could do it, but it's labor-intensive.

They do sell dual gauges, with any combination of gauges you'd like (example here):

The only catch is, they only do it in 3 3/8" and 4".

Regarding the quality of senders - I never singled out Autometer as crap, their high-end is comparable to this stuff but without the customization.  The low end, however, is extremely cheap.  The biggest difference is the use of 1-wire pressure and temp senders (with huge, stamped bodies)... part of the upcharge to the Revolution series is the use of two-wire temp and three-wire pressure senders - not only are they more accurate (no possible ground bias), but they have the added benefit of letting you feed your pressure sender voltage wire to an ECU, DAQ box, etc!  The lower series does still use 1-wire stamped senders, but they use ring terminals to wire in an additional  signal ground.

I have been looking at these a lot for the FD.  I would like to at least replace the oil pressure and water temp.  Can you get some that match the FD cluster?  if so whats the price for them two with senders?

Like I said above, the problem (if you're super picky) is lighting.  The yellow is too 'yellow' and the red is a little dark (but much closer).  Depending on if you wanted the basic series (no peak/hold) or the Revolution series (better senders, peak/hold/warning lights), you'd be looking at $152 ($77 press + $75 temp) or $295 ($170 press + $125 temp).  As always, free shipping!