August 18, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Author Topic: FD AC system made with or without cores.  (Read 22176 times)

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
FD AC system made with or without cores.
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:37:46 PM »
For those wanting to keep AC on your car, I offer complete AC system, less compressor, condenser, and sensor.  For LS1 PCM control over your AC, some additional wiring will be needed, but it is worth it.  Assembled using Goodyear hose and fittings, made in the USA.

This kit, built with or without cores, includes all lines pictured below as well as the chrome drier with mounting bracket.  You supply the following

• GM AC pressure sensor from 02 Camaro (AC Delco # 15-5742, GM # 22664328)
  • LS1 compressor and bracket
  • Condenser mounted in front of your radiator.  Best fitment is to buy a condenser about 1" narrower than the diameter of your radiator
  • Supply me with measurements from the lower (larger) condenser fitting to the front of your compressor, and from the higher (smaller) fitting to the top of your passenger headlight motor.  A picture of your condensor mocked up is also good
  • What type of exhaust headers/manifolds you're using
  • If your evaporator using standard or metric fittings.  If you don't know, I can send you a nut to test for $5

For those using Hinson's radiator, I've used this condenser with good results.
http://www.univparts.com/detail.asp?PART=4-12242

AC lines built from scratch, $450
AC lines built from cores, $375

Current waiting list is 3-4 weeks.

I know there are 15-20 of you all who have my AC lines, and many are installed and working.  Feel free to post your pics in this thread.

Wiring diagram for easy reference.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:59:23 PM by Pez »
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline efiniste

• Pre-Staging
    • View Profile
Re: FD AC system made with or without cores.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 05:19:17 AM »
Ever built a rhd setup, Pez?

Offline ScottMan

• Supporting Member
  • Pre-Staging
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
Here are some pics of my Pez A/C Setup:

1993 RX7 - GTO LS1

Offline Yarp

• In The Bleach Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:29:47 AM »
How do you determine capacity after custom piecing together a system?
"Yarp has no influence."

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:07:38 AM »
How do you determine capacity after custom piecing together a system?

Fill the system with AC manifold gauges.
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »
Ever built a rhd setup, Pez?

Never.  I've got plenty of AC parts and could build a system if the car was here.  If you couldn't get it here, I'm sure I could make one, but you might have to mod it a touch when you get it.

Offline efiniste

• Pre-Staging
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
Cheers, although getting it across the Atlantic would definitely be the hardest part of bringing it to you! ;) I'll weigh it up when I've sorted out the air intake. Hopefully it'll be a straightforward as just needing a longer pair of flexi hoses.

Steve

Offline Callsign_Vega

• Pre-Staging
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »
Great mod. One of the most important things ever to me is great working AC.

Offline GEAUX FAST

• Staged
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
ok im currently looking at a swapped 93 rx7, NO AC, the first mod is going to be AC!! Does your kit come with some insrtuctions on how to setup the system? wiring, needed componets, etc? Looks like great stuff! PM you here for purchases or is there an ebay store?
currently the car has no power steering or AC (Compressor, lines, or condensor) I really need to get the car here and look at what Im facing, im sure the builder didnt have intentions of ac so im betting the wiring is not there ...

Offline mklinger

• In The Bleach Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 10:47:48 PM »
On the system capacity question I just filled mine and we used 24-25 oz of 134.  Might have taken another oz but no more.

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »
ok im currently looking at a swapped 93 rx7, NO AC, the first mod is going to be AC!! Does your kit come with some insrtuctions on how to setup the system? wiring, needed componets, etc? Looks like great stuff! PM you here for purchases or is there an ebay store?
currently the car has no power steering or AC (Compressor, lines, or condensor) I really need to get the car here and look at what Im facing, im sure the builder didnt have intentions of ac so im betting the wiring is not there ...

Check the first post for customer required components to complete the system and what is included in the kit.  Also, I added wiring instructions to the first post.  You can PM me when you're ready to order and paypal to 6111@excite.com.  Be sure to put the product you're paying for in the subject line of the payment. 

As far as your car not having AC, I can make you up some AC lines as well  :D

On the system capacity question I just filled mine and we used 24-25 oz of 134.  Might have taken another oz but no more.

Got a pic of your system, Mark?

Offline karter74

• In The Bleach Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
Can you build an AC system for an FC?

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »
I can as long as I have an FC to mock them up on.  I will have one for the next 2 months so I'll be able to make them until those cars leave.  Do you have any of your AC lines?  The FCs suffer from the same problem as the FDs.  The chassi had 2 different types of AC lines.  One used standard fittings, one used meteric fittings.  I would need to know which system you had.

Offline hayabusa

• Staged
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »
Having a gto engine and 01 z28 compressor ,do you have all the parts to fab a kit for it ? If so how much ?What all do I need to complete it?

Offline Pez

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »
Yup.  I can make a system for the GTO engine.  Do you have the GTO PCM too?  That's no issue, but will require a little bit different wiring that posted above.  All you need to complete the system is posted in the OP, less the GM sensor.