April 25, 2024, 09:28:33 PM

Author Topic: WTT: 71' swapped Datsun 510 for an LS1 FD  (Read 8854 times)

Offline SyCK

WTT: 71' swapped Datsun 510 for an LS1 FD
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:57:11 PM »
 WTT for a LS1/T56 swapped FD

The car is located in Houston, TX

I know this car isn't for everyone but I'm just posting it up in case someone might be interested since I want to get into an LS1 FD next. It's a 1971 model, original paint and zero rust problems. There is some surface rust in the engine bay that is easily remedied but I leave it there for character. Everything on the car is essentially brand new as there is less than 1000 miles on the car since the build completion. All fluids are Amsoil and the brakes/clutch have ATE super blue racing brake fluid. I guarantee that there is not another 510 in existence with this motor setup and a standalone EMS.

The car was built to be a very track capable car that you can drive on the street. It's raw, loud and an absolute blast to drive. Do realize that this is a 40 year old car that has it's dents and dings but is very solid. I know it doesn't look like it but there is plenty of room, I am 6'2" @ 225 and I fit very comfortably in it.

Included with the car are the original back seats (they need to be re-upholsterer), four BMW E30 ellipsoid headlights and extra buckets so you can run a true HID projector set up and a brand new in plastic 9lb Fidanza LW flywheel. The speedo does not work but I have the speed gear assy for the tranny, you just need the cable and to install the speed assy and it's good to go.

I think that's it, if I think of anything else I'll be sure to update the thread. If anyone has any questions or needs specific pics other than the ones to follow just let me know. Feel free to PM me or email me at skirn1 @ gmail dot com

**edit - all gaskets were replaced when I had the motor apart for the powder coating and exhaust manifold coating done. Valve cover gasket was replaced, exhaust mani gasket replaced with a 7 layer metal S15 gasket, l intake mani gasket replaced and I had the injectors cleaned/flowed/and balanced. I would not hesitate to drive this car daily if it came down to it but I like my beater for daily duty. It gets so much attention on the road it is not even funny, I've found numerous notes on it offering to buy it. I had a singled turbo supra before this and the Dat gets about 10x more attention than that car ever did. I guess there's just not that many around Texas or something.**

Motor

S14 SR20DE block with SR20VE NEO VVL head (VVL = Nissans version of Honda's VTEC)
R&D Factory high capacity oil pan
Custom Danstoy intake manifold (chromed), AE111 (48mm) ITB’s and T3 velocity stacks (chromed)
-8 lines and fittings from valve cover to a catch can (chromed)
One off DGR equal length stainless 4-1 header *Polydyn coated
Custom DGR aluminum radiator with 12" electric fan
RCI aluminum overflow tank
LS7 coilpacks
2.5" exhaust with stainless Magnaflow muffler
S14 5spd with short shifter
Modified S14 driveshaft
4:38 JDM Subaru LSD
RCI aluminum 10 gallon fuel cell with walbro pump

Electronics

Haltech E6X EMS
Custom S14 wiring harness
Greddy fuel pressure. oil pressure and water temp gauge
AEM UEGO wideband
Pivot 80mm tachometer

Suspension

MADDAT engine mount kit with 1" front swaybar
MADDAT steering box brace
S14 Meagan front coilovers on 280Z spindles
Techno Toy rear coilovers
Techno Toy RCA’s
Techno Toy Camber plates
Techno Toy tension control rods
Cusco strut bar
280Z front disk brakes
Konig Rewinds 14x7 -9 with 185/55/14 federal 595's

Interior

Recaro SRD seats with Schroth harnesses
Nardi Deep corn 350mm wheel, ACR steering wheel adaptor and Works Bell quick release hub
New carpet
Odyssey battery/bracket relocated behind passenger seat

A walk around and a couple of short pulls (turn the volume up)

I'm only taking it up to 7-7.5K or so but the redline is set to 8250, VVL activation is set to 4500 via the EMS software

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:15:32 AM by SyCK »
71' 510
SR20VE | ITB'S | Haltech

Offline digitalsolo

Re: WTT: 71' swapped Datsun 510 for an LS1 FD
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:07:41 AM »
Awesome car.    I love Datsun 510s.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline mefarri

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:17:00 AM »
+1
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline soulless

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:26:35 AM »
i would rock the fuck out of this car and get it sideways...love this thing!

Offline soulless

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:36:54 AM »
how much would you consider for a flat out sale?

Offline SyCK

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »
 Thanks guys, and this car definitely gets sideways :)

I would REALLY like to find a trade but if it eventually comes down to it I'll list if for sale, I'm going to hold off on that for a few and see it if generates any trade interests first. You have to see the car and understand what it took to get it where it is to really appreciate it. There's a lot of money into it at this point with plans to do a lot more if I cant find anything and just end up keeping it. Cammed turbo'd VVL with retaining the ITB's anyone? It would be absolutely scary and syck!
71' 510
SR20VE | ITB'S | Haltech

Offline bikedad

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »
+1
+3

I've loved these cars ever since I was a kid and saw the BRE 510 racing in SCCA.
Don Teifke  :drive:
[smg id=8489]
"Life is tough.,, Life is even tougher if you're stupid."
-----John Wayne-----

Offline DavidPHumes

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
As attached to my FC as I am, I'd give it up in a second for this thing. Damn, well done dude.
FC, L33, E85, TC76, 8.8" solid axle, 1.80 PG - Parted Out
NA Miata, FM coilovers, FM sway bars, Hard Dog roll bar, 949 subframe braces - Daily Driver

Offline GV1390

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »
+1
+3

I've loved these cars ever since I was a kid and saw the BRE 510 racing in SCCA.

+4

Offline DavidPHumes

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
But seriously man, how much for a cash price? I know you want an FD, but cash will get you an FD quicker than this will, and I want it :D
FC, L33, E85, TC76, 8.8" solid axle, 1.80 PG - Parted Out
NA Miata, FM coilovers, FM sway bars, Hard Dog roll bar, 949 subframe braces - Daily Driver

Offline MeanFC

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
A couple of slightly off-topic questions.  But a free bump is a free bump:
1) Any idea how much it weighs?
2) What kind of post-processing did you do to the images?  I like the effect.

Offline zbrown

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »
mmmmm
8.50/165

Offline SyCK

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »
A couple of slightly off-topic questions.  But a free bump is a free bump:
1) Any idea how much it weighs?
2) What kind of post-processing did you do to the images?  I like the effect.

1. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to weight it but I suspect it's just shy of 2000lbs.
2. That I do not know since the majority of them were taken by someone else.

As for an asking price, I'm guess I'm looking for 14K OBO. As far as an FD trade goes, I am not expecting a kick your ass and take names car (nor do I want one). I'm looking for a basic budget built car that needs a little finishing work so I can kind of do my own thing with it. Of course it needs to be running without issue but as far as the body and interior I'm not too concerned about it.
71' 510
SR20VE | ITB'S | Haltech